Upcoming Events* It's Whip-Cracking Season! Coaching my Computrainer classes at Fast Splits Multisport new location in Needham starting soon. All levels welcome!
*I am a part-owner and on the race committee for the B2VT Ride which is in June (www.B2VTride.com).
* Check out the annual Lincoln Kids Triathlon that I help organize (www.kidstri.net).
- Beating The Post-Season Blues
- Gifts of Christmas Future
- Off-Road, Off-Balance
- Reflections on the Early Days of Triathlon
- Stream of Consciousness
- Death of a Thyroid: my diagnosis and treatment for thyroid cancer
- Confessions of a Poppy Seed Addict
- Stay on the Sunnyside
- Going Nowhere Fast
- Training with Calvin K
Quoted here:Karen Smyers was named by Sports Illustrated as "The triathlete most likely to be eaten by a shark at the Sydney Olympics"
Category Archives: training
by Karen Smyers One of my favorite phases of training and racing is The Taper. It ranks right up there with massage and carbo-loading on my list of reasons that I do triathlon. I find myself looking forward to the taper weeks and even months in advance. When I am trying to schedule a time […]
by Karen Smyers 2004 As the bun in my oven continues to “rise”, now approaching the dimensions of a hearty French boule, I find myself feeling less like an athlete and more like a sedentary housewife biding my time until a heart attack does me in.* Although I am still able to run (or waddle) […]