Upcoming Events* It's Whip-Cracking Season! Coaching my Computrainer classes at Fast Splits Multisport new location in Needham starting soon. All levels welcome!
*I am a part-owner and on the race committee for the B2VT Ride which is in June (www.B2VTride.com).
* Check out the annual Lincoln Kids Triathlon that I help organize (www.kidstri.net).
- Beating The Post-Season Blues
- Gifts of Christmas Future
- Off-Road, Off-Balance
- Reflections on the Early Days of Triathlon
- Stream of Consciousness
- Death of a Thyroid: my diagnosis and treatment for thyroid cancer
- Confessions of a Poppy Seed Addict
- Stay on the Sunnyside
- Going Nowhere Fast
- Training with Calvin K
Quoted here:Karen Smyers was named by Sports Illustrated as "The triathlete most likely to be eaten by a shark at the Sydney Olympics"
Tag Archives: drug testing
by Karen Smyers The IOC recently announced that it is adding marijuana to its banned list of drugs and triathlon’s governing body will follow suit. (When the IOC says jump, the ITU says “Altius?”) I find it rather ironic that their reason for adding a non-performance-enhancing drug to the banned list is that athletes must […]