Upcoming Events* It's Whip-Cracking Season! Coaching my Computrainer classes at Fast Splits Multisport new location in Needham starting soon. All levels welcome!
*I am a part-owner and on the race committee for the B2VT Ride which is in June (www.B2VTride.com).
* Check out the annual Lincoln Kids Triathlon that I help organize (www.kidstri.net).
- Beating The Post-Season Blues
- Gifts of Christmas Future
- Off-Road, Off-Balance
- Reflections on the Early Days of Triathlon
- Stream of Consciousness
- Death of a Thyroid: my diagnosis and treatment for thyroid cancer
- Confessions of a Poppy Seed Addict
- Stay on the Sunnyside
- Going Nowhere Fast
- Training with Calvin K
Quoted here:Karen Smyers was named by Sports Illustrated as "The triathlete most likely to be eaten by a shark at the Sydney Olympics"
Tag Archives: thyroid cancer
By Karen Smyers In September of 1999, I was diagnosed with papillary carcinoma—thyroid cancer. I want to write up my story so that others can maybe learn from the details and also be reassured that this diagnosis does not mean the end of your athletic dreams. I was grateful that within 24 hours of my […]